ALL TUITION FEE CREDITS MUST BE REDEEMED ONLINE. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REDEEM YOUR CREDITS.
The Faculty of Education provides up to a maximum of 4 Tuition Fee Credits (TFCs) per semester to school administrators and teachers who collaborate in the mentoring of student teachers. To show our appreciation, School Administrators will also receive 4 Tuition Fee Credits for each semester their school participates with Professional Programs.
For the 401/2 Student Experience, each school will receive 2 tuition credits per student teacher during the 2-3 week School/Community Experience. As well, each School Associate mentoring a student teacher for the latter 3-week Classroom Experience will receive 2 additional tuition credits. In addition, 2 tuition credits will be awarded to the
In-School Coordinator for each pod of 3-6 student teachers.
Tuition Fee Credits are mailed directly to the recipient (School Associate, In-School Coordinator or PDP School Administrator) during the semester in which they were earned.
Transferring Tuition Fee Credits
TFCs can only be transferred to teachers on continuing contracts, or principals, in the same school in which the School Associate supervised a student teacher. The original TFC Credit Notice issued to the School Associate or Principal must be attached to the completed Request for Transfer form before the transfer of the credits can take place.
It is the expectation of Professional Programs that recipients of transferred credits will make themselves available as a School Associate in a future semester.
A maximum of 4 credits per semester may be transferred to teachers who have not been a School Associate at SFU to a lifetime maximum of 12 credit hours.
Download the TFC Transfer Form and forward it along with the original TFC Notice to:
SFU Faculty of Education
Central City Galleria 5, Rm 5203
250 - 13450 102 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 0A3
Please direct any questions about Tuition Fee Credits to email@example.com.
TFC Transfer Form
Redeeming Tuition Fee Credits
- School Associates and School Administrators are allowed to redeem a lifetime maximum of 30 credit hours. There is a 10 credit limit per semester.
- Teachers who have not been a School Associate may redeem 4 credits per semester.
- To use tuition credits, you must be admissible to SFU and, therefore, need to first apply to the University for Admission. These credits can be applied towards any credit course, graduate or undergraduate, offered by this University. The University, however, reserves the right to exclude any special program or course from the waiver policy.
- TFCs can only be used for base tuition amounts. To determine this, look at the number of credits you will earn per semester. You can apply an equivalent number of TFCs.
- Credits cannot be applied to any previous balances owing.
- To avoid the 2% late payment fee penalty assessed by Student Accounts, please submit all transfer and online requests to redeem credits by the end of the 2nd week of the semester. Late penalty fees are the sole responsibility of the student.
- TFCs are posted to student accounts after the 4th week of class. You will receive an email to your @sfu.ca mail account, usually within 5 working days after submitting your request. Outstanding account balances not related to tuition are subject to a late fee penalty of 2% per month.
Important Information Regarding TFCs
- Credits may not be sold. If we have evidence that sales have transpired, the credits become invalid.
- If a TFC is used for a course which is then dropped; the credits will not be returned.
Simon Fraser University reserves the right to change or enforce policies related to the issuing, redemption and/or transfer of School Associate Tuition Fee Credits.